As many of you know my husband and i recently purchased a fixer upper house that we work on after work every night. After we are done that last thing i want to think about is fixing something for dinner. That is why i love easy crock pot dinners like this pork tenderloin with apples. Its super easy to throw together and is ready when we are ready to eat! I found this recipe on Pinterest and this is its original link: http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2014/08/crockpot-honey-pork-and-apples/
I couldn’t believe how simple this recipe was with just four ingredients Pork tenderloin, honey, cinnamon, and apples. Slicing the apples took the longest prep time out of everything. I found it was easier to to use an apple peeler/ corer and then slice each section three more times so the apples are thin. I threw the apples into the crock pot, put half the honey on them and moved onto the pork.
What i didnt realize is that my package of pork tenderloin came with two pieces that equaled three pounds of meat. So i sliced each one and put apples in them. I then laid them on top of the apples. I then sprinkled cinnamon on them. I used less cinnamon then it called for because i didnt have that amount left in my bottle and now i wish i had more because what i thought would be over powering was wonderful and left me wanting more cinnamon. Then all i had to do was throw the rest of the apples on and finish it off with the rest of the honey!
Since i slept in that day i cooked the pork on high for four hours. When i took it out it was falling apart and SO tender! This recipe is a real winner! Next time i may use three apples instead of two because i felt like apples disappeared while cooking. This is definitely a recipe i will be making again! Plus it made my house smell like fall <3
Here is the simple four ingredient recipe!
- 1 (3-4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 2 large granny smith apples. sliced
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Slice slits in pork tenderloin.
- Place 1-2 apple slices per slit.
- Place ¾ of remaining apple slices in bottom of crockpot.
- Drizzle ½ of the honey over apple slices.
- Place pork on top of apple slices.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over everything.
- Place remaining apple slices on top and drizzle the remaining honey over everything.
- Place lid on and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker, slice and serve with apples on top.